May 20, 2020
The BC government’s restart plan has given permission for our clinic’s services to resume practice in the second phase. In order to re-open, we have put in place a strict plan to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the safety of our patients and staff.
The following procedures ensure we are meeting the standards set out by BC government and our professional regulatory bodies. Safety first is the primary goal to assure everyone’s trust and wellbeing.
- We will be booking ample time between appointments to completely sanitize our office furniture, treatment tables, face cradles, laptops and desk. All of our linens and blankets are single use only.
- We have upgraded our usual clinic sanitizing procedures to include frequent sanitizing of heavily used areas such as door handles, light switches, bathroom keys, sinks, water cooler and counters throughout the day.
- For your consultation we will be maintaining 2 meters (6 feet) of physical distancing while in the treatment room. For the treatment portion of your visit we will ask that you put on a face mask brought from home if you have one or we will provide you with one if you don’t have one. (Please note that masks are in short supply so please bring one if you have one.)
- I will be wearing a face mask during your treatment and in some cases other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- If you would like some water we will provide some for you from our dispenser.
- We will be calling you 1 day before your booked appointment to pre-screen you for symptoms and again on arriving at the clinic. If you are having any symptoms such as a cough, fever, runny nose or sore throat we will cancel your appointment without charge.
- Arrive on time for your visits. Please pay close attention to your treatment time, as it will be quite specific due to our implementation of staggered start times. This is to limit patient crossover as well as to allow time for disinfecting thoroughly between appointments.
- If you are early, please wait in your car or outside the building. We will open the clinic door for you when it is time for your appointment.
- Be respectful of physical distancing (6 ft) with anyone other than your practitioner.
- Please come alone to your appointment unless the appointment is for your child. We ask that your child not touch items in our office at this time.
- When you arrive I will provide you with hand sanitizer. Please do not wear gloves into the clinic that you have been wearing prior to your arrival.
- We have increased the tap feature on our payment terminal for a quick tap and go on your way out. E-transfers may also be sent. We will be emailing receipts.
I look forward to working with you again!