Serve as a side salad or enjoy as a main dish.
- 4 small yellow or red beets, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 8 pitted dried plums, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place beets and water in small baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil; bake 45-60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; peel skin off beets. Cut each beet into 8 wedges; set aside. In small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. In large bowl, combine mixed greens, dried plums and beets. Drizzle with Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Arrange salad evenly onto 4 salad plates. Top each with cheese and pistachios.