Cashew Pudding with Rhubarb compote
This recipe is an all time favorite during rhubarb season. The nutty sweetness of the cashews blends deliciously with the tartness of the rhubarb. Serve for Tuesday night dinner or at a dinner party to guests, everyone will be licking their bowls.
1 cup cashews
3 cups boiling water
6 tbsp arrowroot powder
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups chopped rhubarb
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1. Grind the cashews in the blender. Add the boiling water until creamy. This makes about 3 1/2 cups of cashew milk.
2. Pour 1 cup of cashew milk into a boil and mix in the arrowroot powder until it is quite smooth.
3. Pour this mixture and the rest of the cashew milk into a saucepan. Add the honey and vanilla.
4. Heat over low to medium heat until thickened, stirring all the while so it doesn’t boil.
5. Pour into individual serving dishes, the pudding will continue to thicken as it cools.
6. To make the compote, put the chopped rhubarb and water in a saucepan over medium heat until the rhubarb is quite soft. Keep watching and stirring it as it doesn’t take long to cook. Add the honey and stir to combine.
7. Spoon a bit of compote over each pudding, serve warm or cold and enjoy.