https://www.drkira.ca/wp-content/uploads/Avocado-Salad-with-Black-Olive-Dressing.jpg 420 560 Dr. Kira Frketich /wp-content/uploads/dr-kira-new.png Dr. Kira Frketich2010-11-11 22:23:482017-09-30 03:49:51Avocado Salad with Black Olive Dressing
Avocado Salad with Black Olive Dressing
A taste of the Mediterranean!
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 firm, ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and sliced into thin strips
- dash sugar
In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, olive oil, olives, garlic, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine avocados and onions. Pour the olive dressing over the avocado mixture and toss lightly. Serve on a bed of sliced romaine.
Authored By: Polly Pitchford, Full Spectrum Health™