If you are someone who craves salt, then you are in for some seriously healthy snacking! Sunflower seeds are very high in vitamin E, B vitamins, and magnesium. While pumpkin seeds are well known for their zinc, iron, and vitamin K. I doubt that you’ll be thinking about that while you’re enjoying them in this tasty treat.
Makees 2 cups
- 1 cup raw Sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Tamari
1. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add Sunflower seeds and roast, stirring the seeds often, being careful not to burn them. Turn the seeds out onto a large plate and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the Tamari. Stir with a spoon to coat. Set aside.
2. Next put the pumpkin seeds into the same hot pan and toast, stirring often until puffed up and slighlty browned. Pour onto the same plate and add remaining 1 teaspoon of Tamari. Toss all together until evenly coated.
3. Pour back into still-hot skillet (removed from heat source) and continue tossing until dry.
4. Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Authored By: Polly Pitchford, Full Spectrum Health™